The PIKA WARPTM Telephony Appliance is ideal for telephony developers of all kinds looking for a small, low-cost, integrated and reliable computer replacement to deploy telephony applications in the Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) and Small/Medium Enterprises (SME) markets. Completely customizable, it is compatible with VoIP phones as well as analog sets. Unlike your typical computer or appliance, PIKA has covered all your customer’s traditional telephony requirements. The configuration of the WARP is modular and can include up to 2 additional modules in a combination of FXO / FXS / BRI / GSM plus VoIP stations and trunks. The PIKA WARPTM Telephony Appliance is designed to address businesses with up to 100 users.
For Asterisk developers looking for a hardware platform with Asterisk pre-integrated, the PIKA WARPTM Appliance is a cost-effective alternative for your small business customers. If you have some development expertise, you can add your own Asterisk-based application, add your own GUI, and brand the LCD screen with your own company logo and/or product name.
Further easing the development exercise is the PIKA-provided DAHDI interface to the telephony modules. This DAHDI interface will provide for a smooth integration with Asterisk and serves to maintain your development investment on other DAHDI based platforms.
Features & Benefits
- AMCC Power PC 440EP Embedded 533 MHz Processor
- 1200 mips
- Supports floating point and MMU (memory management unit)
- Internal flash 256 MB NAND plus 4 MB NOR memory
- Internal RAM 256 MB
- Additional DSP-based processing
- provides G.729 and hardware-based echo cancellation
- Externally accessible SD memory card slot (SD memory card not included)
- no hard drive improves reliability
- 10/100BT Ethernet port
- One USB host port (v1.1)
- One FXS port with every unit
- Optional Expansion Modules (max 2): 4-port FXS station, 4-port FXO trunk, 2-port / 4-channel and 4-port / 8-channel BRI modules and 2-port GSM
- 4-port FXO module contains a power failure transfer jack (RJ-11)
- DAHDI channel driver
- Audio in, Audio out jacks for music-on-hold and paging functions
- 40 character (2 x 20) LCD backlit display with scroll button
- Power LED
- Real-time clock
- Reset function remotely controlled
- External brick-format universal power supply with country variant cords
- Surface standalone/stackable or wall mountable to accommodate any space requirements
- Customizable look so you can promote your brand
- Dynamic thermal management (fan)
- Internal RS232 programming port
Asterisk is a registered trademark of DIGIUM, Inc.